The Central Florida Genealogical Society, Inc.
is a non-profit society located in the Orlando Florida area that promotes family history research by providing education and research opportunities to its members and the public. We hold regular meetings in several cities in the central Florida area and have members living in Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola Counties and other areas in central Florida and the United States. We are also dedicated to aiding others living elsewhere who have ancestors in central Florida. See our About Us page to learn more.
It's Time to Renew Your Membership
Unless you have a Lifetime Membership, your membership will expire on August 31th and must be renewed. You may renew online, by mail, or pay at a meeting. Don't let your membership lapse.
We Hold Over 30 Meetings Each Year
View Our Meeting Calendar
Check the News Flash on the right side of most pages or our Events page for upcoming events in the area. Our meetings include:
- General Meetings - Nine monthly meetings with a special speaker held in the evening September through May (These meetings are not held in the summer months.)
- Daytime Meetings - Six bi-monthly meetings with a special speaker held in odd numbered months: January, March, May, etc.
- Family Tree Maker Interest Group - Twelve moderated open discussions held monthly.
- Genealogy Computer Interest Group - Six bi-monthly moderated open discussions held in even numbered months: February, April, June, etc.
- Board of Director Meetings - Our board meets monthly except for December. Others are welcome.
- Dinner Get Together is held, generally in July.
- Various Training Classes and Workshops - We hold classes throughout the year. These will be announced on the Events page.
- Annual workshop or seminar to be announced on the Events page. (Last year we held two seminars with nationally recognized speakers.)
General and daytime meetings feature a speaker covering topics of interest to genealogy and local history researchers. We also have an informal discussion sessions 30 minutes before each General meeting where members can share or ask questions. You can find out more about our regularly scheduled meetings in our calendar below, in the News Flash on the right or on Our Meetings page. Also check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Visitors and Guests are welcome at all meetings.
Member's Only Features on Our Website
We have a number of features on this website that are available to our members only. The primary one is an online community that has a way for our members to communicate with each other and share their information, user forums, presentations and handouts from meetings (when made available) and a member's blog. We also provide members with online copies of recent editions of our quarterly journal Buried Treasure and our newsletter Treasure Chest News. (Older copies of Buried Treasure are available to all visitors.) Members must be in good standing and registered on the website to access these features. Cost of membership is only $20 annually to access these special features.